Thu, 02 Jun|
The American Club (Galbraith Ballroom)
CanCham Singapore AGM 2022 + The Metaverse: What you need to know
Join us for our Annual General Meeting 2022, to be immediately followed by a panel discussion on The Metaverse: What you need to know
Time & Location
02 Jun 2022, 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm SGT
The American Club (Galbraith Ballroom), 10 Claymore Hill, Singapore 229573
About the Event
On behalf of Caroline Berube, President of the Canadian Chamber of Commerce in Singapore, you are invited to attend the CanCham Singapore Annual General Meeting 2022. The AGM will be immediately followed by a keynote address from His Excellency, Jean-Dominique Ieraci, High Commissioner of Canada to Singapore and a panel discussion about The Metaverse: What you need to know.
The metaverse is very much an unknown concept by many. We are pleased to welcome an expert panel to unfold the various layers of the metaverse. We will hear from panelists: Ms. Bell Beh, Co-Founder and CEO at BuzzAR, a location-based AR solutions for retail and commerce based in Singapore and an avatar engine, HappyToon App for mobile users; Mr. Khoo Eng Tat, Area Director (Outreach), Engineering Design & Innovation Centre, NUS, where they provide a holistic design and engineering education to students, as well as to support industry partners to innovate and address complex challenges; Mr. Pavel Bains, Co-Founder and Executive Producer at MixMob, a video game that mashes music, fashion, art and movies into one metaverse game on remix culture; T K Ng, Corporate Director at SideFX Asia Pacific and Side Effects Software Inc, a world leader in the development of 3D animation and visual effects software for use in film, commercials and video games and Moderator, Ms. Caroline Berube, CanCham President and Managing Partner of HJM Asia Law & Co. We hope you can join us and be part of this fascinating discussion.
12:00pm - 12:30pm: AGM (registration will open at 11:45am and we will begin promptly at 12:00pm)
12:30pm - 2:00pm:
- Opening remarks by Caroline Berube, President of CanCham
- Keynote address by H.E. Jean-Dominique Ieraci, High Commissioner of Canada to Singapore
- Speaker panel - The Metaverse: What you need to know
Cost: $60 CanCham Members
$80 Non-Members (may join us at 12:30pm, following our AGM)
(Includes 3-course lunch)
CanCham is grateful to event sponsor
CanCham Singapore Annual General Meeting 2022
FOR MEMBERS WHO WISH TO NOMINATE A PROXY, A PROXY FORM MAY BE VIEWED HERE.
- To receive the annual report of the Executive Committee
- To receive and adopt the Accounts for CanCham for the year ending March 31st, 2022
- To elect no more than fourteen members to the CanCham Executive Committee for 2022-2023
- To elect auditors for the ensuing year
- To approve the financial budget for the ensuing year
- To consider any other matter that the Secretary has received in writing seven days prior to the AGM
Nominations for Executive Committee positions may be submitted in writing to the Secretary up to seven (7) days in advance of the AGM. All nominations may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Members who cannot attend are encouraged to nominate a proxy by filling out a proxy form here.
Safe Management Measures:
- Please keep your mask on at all times, unless eating or drinking. Face Mask must be put back on immediately after sipping your drinks.